Upper Back/Shoulder Strain
The trapezius muscle is one of the largest muscles, extending down from the neck to the middle of the upper back and stretching across the shoulder blades. The main job of the trapezius muscle is to stabilize and move the shoulder blades (scapula). We put our trapezius muscle into action with regular simple activites lifting, pulling or rotating the neck, moving your arms, throwing a ball, push our arms in an overhead press, shrug you shoulders and help us breath.
Activites of daily life can over use your neck, upper back and shoulder can cause a strained or injury:
- bending over a desk for hours
- under stress, often your neck and upper shoulder blades (upper trapezius) will feel tight
- overexetending or over working the muscle in exercise
- carrying heavy objects on your shoulder
- having poor posture, standing, reading, watching TV, driving
- your computer monitor being too high or too low
- sleeping in an wrong, or in an uncomfortable position
- a sudden twist or jar to the neck
- a fall or accident can injure also injure your spine, blood vessel and even cause paralysis.
Many other conditions can also affect neck and shoulder pain, fibromyalgia, cervial arthritis or spondylosis, ruptured disk, small fractures from osteoporosis, narrowing of the spine canal (spinal stenosis), infection in the spine and cancer that involves the spine.
Signs and symptoms of upper back pain (trapezius muscle) strain or tear to the muscle include you may feel stiffness, soreness or achy, burning in the muscle from the base of our skull to between your shoulder blades, sharp pain when you move your neck, shoulder and/or arm. In extreme cases your unable move you head side to side and have upper back chronic pain.
Treatment - What You Can Do!
Resting, as mush as possible and limit your daily activities to reduce inflammation and avoid aggravating the your upper back muscles (trapezius) and prevent any further re-injury.
For years, doctors, trainers, and other medical professionals have recommended RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) to treat the pain and swelling of fresh injuries, chronic pain, and after any re-injury.
Mild, moderate and severe cases of neck and shoulder strain are best treated with conservative home therapies.
Exercise and stretching
Adding stretches to your daily route will help reduce pain and prevent re-injury to your upper back (trapezius muscles). Gentle and slow range of motion exercises include;
- rolling the shoulder back and pinch your shoulder blades together (scapular pinches)
- shoulder shrugs - move your shoulder up and down toward your ears then back down again
- bending the neck side to side, title one ear toward the shoulder and hold for a short time
- turning your head side to side to look over the shoulder for a short pause
Once your pain is reduced focus on strengthening the muscles of the upper back/neck to improve your posture, exercising the upper body (slowly and gradually).
Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy
If Your injury is fresh and there is significant swelling, use cold compression to get the swelling down. After the swelling ahs calmed down - usually 2 to 3 days after an injury - we recommend Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™ to
enhance the local circulatory system and promote an increase in the healing rate of muscles, tendons, and soft tissue in the surrounding area.
Treats muscle spasms, neck pain, and upper back pain naturally, safely and effectively!
Note: This product is an FDA Registered BFST Device.
Maximize your BFST® Anytime, Anywhere with a Tortoise Shellz® Upper Back Therapy Vest
Use this device anytime to increase natural blood flow in your soft tissue. Enhance your body's natural healing process by delivering oxygen, nutrients, anti-bodies and energy directly to the site of your injury. Tortoise Shellz® Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™ treatments can be used:
- After swelling and inflammation have been reduced
- Before exercise or workouts to warm up your tissue to prevent re-injury
- Before and after surgery during rehabilitation to warm up your tissues before physical therapy, exercising or stretching
- Anytime you feel that your soft tissue has stiffened up, is tight, reducing your mobility and causing pain
- Anytime you have sore or aching soft tissue in your shoulders, neck or upper back
- ..and any other situation where you need to increase blood flow to your back to relax your soft tissue, relieve pain, prevent re-injury and enhance the flexibility of your body!
Our BFST Wraps® Are The Most Effective Blood Flow Stimulators Available!
The Tortoise Shellz® Upper Back Therapy Vest can help you heal and reduce the pain caused by your back or hip injury, tendonitis, bursitis or chronic soft tissue condition. Consistent conservative treatment with a Back/Hip BFST Wrap® will stimulate blood flow to soothe your pain and treat damaged tissue - providing an incredible therapeutic experience!
The Tortoise Shellz® Upper Back Therapy Vest is an amazing product that relaxes the soft tissue in your back and hip while reducing pain and speeding up the body's natural healing process. Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™ reduces, or even eliminates, the need for potentially harmful medication while it heals your damaged tissue. This therapy can also be used with other conservative treatment methods - like physical therapy, post-surgery rehabilitation and cold compression with a Back/Hip ColdCure Wrap®.
Tortoise Shellz® Upper Back Therapy Vest is the only product we know that has been developed specifically to heal soft tissue injury by using Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™. It works unbelievably well! You can be certain there is nothing else like a Tortoise Shellz Upper Back BFST Wrap® for complete tendon healing.
The incredible healing power provided by our Tortoise Shellz® Upper Back Therapy Vest comes highly recommended by physicians, therapists and sports professionals worldwide.
Why you will love your Tortoise Shellz® Upper Back Therapy Vest
People everywhere are choosing the BFST Wrap® for home therapy because:
- it heals your injured tissue, safely and naturally, without medication
- it heals small tears from daily use to reduce the risk of tendonitis, tendonosis, bursitis, arthritis and other chronic conditions
- it soothes pain and whisks away toxins
- it reduces the pain of chronic conditions
- it can be used before exercise to warm up the soft tissue in your back and hip to reduce the risk of injury - Professional athletes use them!
- it repairs minor tissue damage when used after activity
- it saves time and money associated with doctor or physical therapist visits
The Powerful BFST® Healing Advantage
Applying a warming temperature therapy to your back, shoulder or neck injury can boost your body's natural ability to re-grow tissue needed to heal. Regular BFST Wrap® treatments can reduce pain and stiffness from scar tissue and increase overall joint flexibility. Increasing blood flow with a Tortoise Shellz® Upper Back Therapy Vest will also increase the amount of oxygen that is being sent to your tissue AND your tissue's ability to absorb oxygen. (reference: 1)
Not only that, but increased blood flow whisks away dead or dying cells and any toxins those cells are producing in your back and hip. Getting rid of toxins can help to create a positive healing environment for your tissue. Instead of constantly holding onto toxins in your soft tissue, your damaged tissue can now receive tons of blood flow that is rich in oxygen and nutrients. This is the stunning benefit of consistent BFST Wrap® BFST® treatments.
The BFST® Treatment Advantages just keep coming...
According to the trusted medical knowledge of Justus F. Lehmann, M.D. (well-known rehabilitation medicine specialist-amazon.com link), increasing the temperature of soft tissue through the application of a warming therapy will also provide these 7 Truly Amazing Benefits:
1. Increase The Flexibility of Tissue
Warming up tissue before stretching (exercise at home or in a physical therapy clinic) can provide on-going flexibility in your tissue that will continue after the stretch is done. Experiments conducted by medical professionals have shown that applying warm temperature treatments (like the Tortoise Shellz Wrap®) before stretching range-of-motion exercises can provide lingering flexibility that is beneficial when stretching any of the soft tissue in your upper back.
2. Decrease Joint Stiffness
Medical studies have shown a decrease in joint stiffness after the temperature of injured tissue is increased with a warming temperature therapy compared to the stiffness experienced at a much lower, normal, body temperature.
3. Relieve Muscle Spasms
Tissue and muscles that have been over-strained or injured can suffer from continuous squeezing in the muscle fibers... This is also known as a muscle spasm or trigger point pain. On-going muscle spasms will decrease blood flow and increase your nerves' sensitivity to pain.
It has been believed for a long time by many medical professionals that a warming treatment like Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™ can reduce muscle spasms. Increasing blood flow will stop the cycle of muscle spasms in your back by feeding your body with enough blood flow to relax.
4. Control and Reduce Pain
There are a lot of reasons why you may feel pain in your back... You could be feeling pain from muscle spasms, lack of blood flow to your soft tissue, and even stress placed on your nerves due to overall stiffness in your neck. Significant pain relief can be felt from introducing Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™ treatments. Increasing the temperature of your upper back can reduce pain sensation experienced in the base of the neck and upper back.
5. Increase Blood Flow
Using a warming temperature treatment, with a device like Tortoise Shellz Wrap®, can produce an increased level of blood flow similar to the amount of blood flow achieved through regular exercise.
6. Relieve On-going Inflammation
Increased blood flow can take away any remaining built up fluid (edema) and lingering inflammation. This will help to decrease your pain and speed up the healing process.
7. Treat a Variety of Back, Neck & Shoulder Injuries
Warming temperature therapies like BFST® Wrap® treatments are now becoming a leading edge medical care solution for soft tissue injuries to promote both relief in chronic injuries (tendinitis, tendonosis, bursitis, or arthritis) and speed up the overall healing process for newer (acute) back and shoulder injuries.
With BFST® your injury is constantly being fed with healing, nutritious, oxygen and energy filled blood. This is exactly what your soft tissue needs to heal.
Incredible therapy and comfort - all wrapped up in one.
The unique Tortoise Shellz Wrap® is designed with every detail in mind to give you the most effective and most enjoyable therapeutic experience available anywhere. Here’s why!
The Tortoise Shellz Wrap®:
- Plugs into a wall outlet to get the necessary power for consistent therapeutic treatments.
- Has a special signal controller that can be set for 3 different power levels of application (3 = High, 2 = Medium, 1 = Low) with an automatic shut off feature.
- Has a flexible Energy Web® that conforms to your body like cloth.
- Has a 7 foot long cord so you can sit or lie comfortably and watch TV, read or surf the net while you're using it.
- Operates with no sound or vibration or motion.
- Doesn't require the use of creams or gels.
- Allows you to simply wrap it loosely around your injury and turn it on.
- Has adjustable Velcro® straps for a fit that you control to your personal level of comfort.
- Fits conveniently over or under clothes so you can wear it and carry on with your day.
- Is made of soft, breathable material with comfort in mind to insulate your warming treatment temperature.
- Is made of premium, medical grade neoprene that won't stretch out of shape over time.
The BFST Wrap® (previously named Inferno Wrap) is available at MendMeShop.com and there is NOTHING ELSE on the market like this to soothe your tendon pain and to help your injury heal, we guarantee it!
Speak to your doctor, physical therapist or other trusted medical professional today to see how you can incorporate Tortoise Shellz Wrap® treatments into your injury recovery process.
What can a Tortoise Shellz Wrap® Treat?
A Tortoise Shellz Wrap® promotes healing and/or treats on-going pain and stiffness for:
- back pain
- back muscle strain, spasm or cramps
- lumbar pain
- pain caused by whiplash
- muscle overuse
- neck strain due to heavy computer/cellphone use
- chronic back conditions
- strained trapezius or lat muscles
- post-operative recovery
- tendonitis, tendonosis, tenosynovitis
- other soft tissue injuries and chronic conditions located in the upper back, shoulders and base of neck
MendMeShop - Our Reputation Speaks for Itself!
At MendMeShop we offer only the premium quality healthcare products that work, because we want you to feel better. Our business is built on our reputation and we want you to be as satisfied with your MendMeShop experience as tens of thousands of our customers are. That is what your purchase from us will be - an experience. Not only do we supply superior products, MendMeShop Specialists are available to help you get the right products and treatment advice.
Complimentary product and treatment advice throughout your therapy!
An exclusive service, only available to MendMeShop customers.
You will also have the peace of mind with our 60 day trial period and automatic 1 year warranty. We know making a decision to find the right pain relief and healing products for you can be difficult, especially on-line, and we don't want you to worry. With every product, you have our guarantee that you will be 100% satisfied or you get your money back. That's how much we believe in the products we sell!
As an MendMeShop customer you can be confident in your purchase because we offer:
- Superior products that have been carefully researched and developed to stop your pain naturally and heal you faster.
- Trained MendMeShop Product and Treatment Specialists available 7 days a week for individualized treatment advice - just call 1-866-237-9608 within Continental North America (+1-705-445-3505 internationally).
- Our iron-clad 60 day money back guarantee. After following instructions and find your are not satisfied with your ColdCure Wrap®, call us to return for a 100% refund (shipping not included).
- Automatic 1 year replacement warranty against defects.
- Optional 1 year extended warranty available for this product.
Our customers love the quick, natural pain relief and you will too.
Find out more about the Tortoise Shellz Wrap® by calling our Customer Advisers toll free within Continental North America at 1-866-237-9608, +1-705-445-3505 internationally, or email email@example.com
Our Tortoise Shellz Wrap will assist you in recovering from your injury faster and reduce the chance of degenerative conditions by maximizing blood flow where it is needed most, reduce swelling and inflammation induced pain. You will be very surprised at the results you can achieve in a very short time, just by using this device at home every day as directed.
Continuing the healing process by getting lots of rest and avoid overuse of your back and shoulders. Limit movements that may be aggravate your muscles, leading to re-injury. Muscle related injuries can easily turn from a grade 1 deltoid muscle strain into a grade 2 or a grade 2 into a grade 3 shoulder injury.
Don't settle for minimal treatments when the best products are ready and waiting for you! If you want to get back to your daily activities with fast, effective, and safe home therapy treatment, speak to your doctor or therapist about incorporating the Tortoise Shellz Upper Back Therapy Device into your home treatment regimen.
Prevention and Promotion of Lifelong Health
If you want to avoid re-injury, or manage pain and increase circulation for lifelong health benefits. Our Tortoise Shellz, BFST Wraps® and ColdCure Wraps® will provide real results you are looking for or your money back.
Why spend time in pain, off from work, and missing out on your active lifestyle when you can be proactive about your injury and the health of your body? Talk with your doctor about adding our products into your Home Conservative Treatment Plan.
Learn More About SUPERIOR Deltoid Muscle Strain Treatments
Learn more about how the Shoulder ColdCure Wrap® is designed to be the most effective cold compression wrap on the market today.
Learn more about how the Shoulder Inferno Wrap® helps with the healing process.